Making your own whole wheat crackers is quick, easy, and requires just four ingredients! Add a little bit of everything bagel seasoning to make these savory crackers full of flavor.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
This post is part of the August Recipe Redux. This month’s theme is healthy crunchy snacks! I was so excited when I saw the theme for this month, because I love crunchy food! I don’t know how to enjoy a meal if it doesn’t have a crunchy component. That brings us to my crispy, crunchy snack:
Everything Bagel Whole Wheat Crackers!
Everything bagel seasoning seems to be all the rage lately. And for good reason! You can sprinkle a bit of this seasoning on a variety of savory dishes to amp up the flavor: avocado pesto, roasted veggies, vegan mac and cheese. Why not try out the seasoning in whole wheat crackers?
Here’s what makes everything bagel seasoning so flavor packed:
- poppy seeds
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- sea salt
You can make your own everything bagel seasoning, or you can check out Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning, which is what I used in this recipe.
How do you make homemade crackers?
You’ll love making homemade crackers, because they’re customizable and surprisingly quick to make. All you need to make these crackers is whole wheat flour, olive oil, ice cold water, and everything bagel seasoning.
These crackers are ready in under thirty minutes. Combine the flour, everything bagel seasoning, and oil. Add 1 tablespoon of ice cold water at a time, until a soft dough forms.
Roll out the cracker dough onto a baking mat or wax paper until very thin. Cut into shapes using a biscuit cutter or pizza cutter. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes on a large sheet pan. Enjoy!
What to eat with everything bagel crackers
- Sliced cheese
- Add to soup or chili
- A handful of almonds or cashews
- Add to a snack platter
Everything Bagel Whole Wheat Crackers
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour and everything bagel seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in extra virgin olive oil, using a fork to combine. The mixture will be crumbly. Add in 1 tablespoon water at a time, mixing with your hands, until a ball forms and holds together.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on a baking mat or between two sheets of wax paper. Roll until dough is a thin sheet. Using small cookie cutters or a pizza cutter to cut into desired shapes.
- Baking 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Smaller crackers will be done more quickly than regular sized crackers- be sure to check on them frequently to avoid burning! Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.