Creamy Orzo with Mushrooms and Pesto
This ultra creamy orzo is made with mushrooms and pesto in just one pot AND it's ready in under 30 minutes.
olive oil shallot baby bella mushrooms salt & pepper orzo
vegetable broth pesto chickpeas spinach capers red pepper flakes
1. Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the shallots, mushrooms and salt. Cook until mushrooms are softened.
2. Add olive oil. Once hot, add the orzo. Toast orzo for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Deglaze pan with vegetable broth, then add in all of the broth.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer over medium-low and cover.
5. Stir in remaining ingredients and serve.