This vegetarian “cheesesteak” is made with sautéed mushrooms and peppers and topped with caramelized onions.
red and green bell pepper
"Made this yesterday and it came out great!...Will definitely make again!"
1. Make caramelized onions by cooking 2 large onions over medium-low heat until soft and brown
2. Sauté mushrooms and peppers until softened.
3. Season and add flour to thicken.
4. Melt provolone cheese on the mushrooms & peppers
5. Add to a toasted sub roll and enjoy!
Vegetarian Mushroom Cheesesteaks
More vegetarian recipes:
Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets
Avocado Pesto Pasta
Vegetarian Chili Mac
Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers