Warm Kale Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash
This warm kale salad is an easy vegan fall recipe that's perfect for meal prep or as a holiday side dish. It's made with butternut squash, pumpkin seeds, and roasted chickpeas and topped with a creamy tahini dressing.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped into bite size pieces (about 8 cups chopped)
- 1 medium butternut squash, 1 inch cubes
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1/2 recipe Tahini Goddess Dressing
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the butternut squash with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place on the sheet pan. In the same large bowl, toss the pepitas and chickpeas with 1 teaspoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
Bake the butternut squash for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, add the chickpeas and pumpkin seeds to the sheet pan. Return to the oven and bake for 8-10 more minutes. Stir the pumpkin seeds and chickpeas halfway through.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Add the kale and saute until deep green but not wilted.
Remove kale from heat and toss with squash, chickpeas, pepitas, apple, and tahini goddess dressing. Enjoy as is or serve topped with fresh parmesan.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 312mg | Potassium: 901mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 23203IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 2mg