Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
These breakfast cookies are packed with healthy fats from pumpkin seeds, walnuts and chia seeds.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 small cookies
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup cranberries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, applesauce, and optional maple syrup. Stir, using a whisk or fork, until combined.
Add dry ingredients: rolled oats, cinnamon, salt. Stir until combined.
Stir in the remaining ingredients: pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts, dried fruit and chia seeds.
Use a cookie scoop or 1-ounce measure to scoop 8 cookies onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Bake on the middle rack in a 350-degree oven for 13-15 minutes. The cookies will still be soft when you remove from the oven, but should firm up as they sit.
- These cookies don't change shape while baking. If you keep them in the ball shape that a cookie scoop makes they will stay this way. For a flatter cookie, use clean hands or a spatula to flatten into a disc and reduce baking time by 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate for up to a week for best quality. The cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months; thaw in the fridge or in the microwave.
- I use natural creamy butter in this recipes. Regular peanut butter will also work. You can also use crunchy peanut butter, if that's your thing, or try almond or cashew butter.
- The add-ins (walnuts, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit) equal 1/2 cup. If making substitutions, just make sure you add a total of 1/2 cup of add-ins.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 0.9mg