Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Soft and moist vegan pumpkin muffins made in one bowl and sweetened with maple syrup, making them refined sugar free. Easy and the perfect fall dessert!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 medium muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray.
Combine the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice).
Pour the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract) into the dry, stirring with a wooden spoon until just combined. Don't over mix; it's okay if there are a few small lumps remaining in the batter.
Fill 10 muffin cups almost full. Place the muffins on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Set the muffin tin on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes before taking the muffins out. Use a fork or knife to gently turn the muffins out of the tin onto the cooling rack. Enjoy!
- I recommend using the "spoon and level" method for measuring your flour. Simply use a spoon to add flour to your cup measure until overflowing, then use the back of a knife to level off the excess flour. Don't shake the measuring cup or press down on the flour to fill it full.
- If you do not need the pumpkin muffins to be vegan, you can replace the non-dairy milk with equal amounts of dairy milk.
- Optional add-ins include pecans, walnuts, and mini dairy-free chocolate chips.
- I recommend using an oven thermometer. Oven temperatures can vary widely and the only way to know if your oven is the temperature it says it is is to use an oven thermometer.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3905IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1.7mg