Pita pizza with goat cheese, microgreens, and peaches may seem fancy, but it takes just 15 minutes and 5 main ingredients to make! It’s perfect for a quick lunch or cut into slices for a party appetizer.
This is my first month participating in Recipe Redux, the “first and only recipe challenge created by Registered Dietitians”. This month’s theme is stone fruit, which feels a little serendipitous, as this Cozy Peach is on her way back to the peach state (literally as I type this!).
Naturally, I’m sharing a recipe using my favorite stone fruit: peaches! (I did recently learn that Georgia produces more blueberries than peaches, but “Cozy Blueberry Kitchen” just doesn’t seem to have the same ring to it.)
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
This pita pizza recipe is made using whole wheat pita bread, thinly sliced peaches, a dollop of honey goat cheese, and microgreens. A light drizzle of balsamic vinegar complements the sweet peaches and goat cheese well.
How to make a peach and goat cheese pita pizza
- Using a fork, mix together the goat cheese and milk until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Add a tablespoon of goat cheese to each pita (recipe makes four pita pizzas)
- Spread the goat cheese on the pita as you would a tomato sauce
- Top with 5-6 thinly sliced peaches. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, then top with microgreens and balsamic vinegar.
If you are dairy free or vegan, why not try this pita pizza with my cashew cream cheese with herbs? The cashew cream cheese can be thinned out with non-dairy milk to match the consistency of the goat cheese spread.
Looking for more recipes?
Peach and Goat Cheese Pita Pizza with Microgreens
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese*
- 4 teaspoons milk of choice
- 1 medium peach
- 2 cups microgreens, loosely packed
- balsamic vinegar, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine the goat cheese and milk in a small container, stirring to combine. Thinning the goat cheese with milk makes it easier to spread.
- Slice the peach into thin slices (see pictures for size). Each pita should have 5-6 peach slices.
- To make a pita pizza, place the pitas on a cookie sheet or other oven ready pan. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of goat cheese on a pita slice, then top with peaches. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, or until the pita is crisp.
- Remove the pita pizza from the oven and top with 1/2 cup microgreens (about one handful of microgreens). Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve immediately. Enjoy!