Chili Cheese Dip is the ultimate easy party dip! It's uses only 3 ingredients and can be baked in the oven or made in the microwave.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
I make this recipe more than any other recipe on Cozy Peach Kitchen. Growing up, this is the dip that everyone in my family loved because it's beyond easy to make, it's full of cheesy goodness, and it is great for sharing.
This is the kind of recipe to make when you're short on time but need to bring something to a gathering or need something to put out for guests.
It's takes just a few minutes to put together and is ready in as little as 5 minutes in the microwave or 15 minutes in the oven.
What's the secret? Canned chili! This layered dip is made with
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese (I recommend mild or sharp cheddar)
That's it! Simply spread a block of cream cheese into an oven-safe casserole dish, pour in a can of chili and cover with shredded cheddar.
What kind of chili should I use?
I've always used canned chili in this recipe but you can use homemade if you prefer. I like using a traditional diner-style vegetarian bean chili. You can also use black bean chili or a bean-less chili.
Fritos/corn chips are my go-to vehicle for this dip. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and green onions as a garnish or just dig right in with chips!
Leftovers: Keep leftovers covered and refrigerated for 2-3 days.
Reheating: Reheat in the microwave in 1-2 minutes, or until its bubbling and hot.
Looking for more appetizers?
- Baked Puff Pastry with Fig Jam
- Goat Cheese and Mushroom Puff Pastries
- Black-eyed Pea Hummus Dip
- Rosemary White Bean Dip
Baked Vegetarian Chili Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounce can of vegetarian chili
- 1 and ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese mild or sharp
- optional toppings: chopped cilantro, green onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Evenly spread cream cheese in an 8x8 inch or similarly sized casserole dish. Spread chili across the top of the cream cheese. Top with shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with corn chips.