This vegan ranch dressing is creamy, tangy, and takes just 5 minutes to make! It’s perfect on salads, with veggies, or as a dipping sauce.
My little dietitian heart loves ranch and all of its mayo-y goodness. There’s just something about this classic dipping sauce that makes me forget all about tahini dressing.
Maybe it’s the fresh herbs? Maybe it’s the creaminess? Or maybe it’s because everyone knows that pizza is just that much better dipped in ranch?
But what about vegan ranch? Honestly, I love dipping pizza in vegan ranch. And veggies. And salads… you get the picture.
Nothing beats homemade vegan ranch; I promise it’s even tastier than storebought. And it’s quite easy to make!
What is vegan ranch from?
Regular ranch is made with mayonnaise, which contains eggs. It also sometimes uses buttermilk as an ingredient.
Vegan mayonnaise is free from buttermilk and eggs, thanks to the power of vegan mayonnaise. Vegan mayonnaise is easy to find in most grocery stores and tastes so much like its egg-containing counterpart.
Vegan ranch uses
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder
- Fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Unsweetened soy milk
This recipe calls for fresh dill because dill is an important flavor component in ranch. You can substitute 1 teaspoon of dry dill for 1 tablespoon of fresh dill.
Vegan mayo pro-tip
Make sure you like the flavor of the mayo you plan to use before making the recipe. You can use all of the seasonings you want, but you can’t cover up a mayo that you don’t like. My favorite mayos are Just Mayo and Hellman’s vegan mayo. If you can’t find a mayo you like, you can try making your own.
How to make vegan ranch from scratch
It takes just 5 minutes to mix up vegan ranch.
All you need is a whisk (though a spoon or blender will also certainly work), a bowl, and a handful of flavorful ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the soy milk, in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Whisk in the soy milk one tablespoon at a time, stopping when the ranch reaches your desired consistency. I like to use 4 tablespoons, or 1/4 cup, for a creamy, pourable ranch.
How long does vegan ranch last in the fridge?
This homemade ranch lasts for 3-4 days in the fridge. Refrigerate it in a jar or well-closed container for best results.
Enjoy this ranch with your favorite veggies, or use as a dressing on this kale and chickpea salad.
Easy Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from ~1 medium lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk as needed
- Combine all ingredients, except for the soy milk, in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in soy milk until desired dressing consistency is reached. Transfer ranch to a jar and store refrigerated for 3-4 days. Enjoy cold.