This vegan ranch dressing is creamy, tangy, and takes just 5 minutes to make! It’s perfect on salads, with veggies, or as a dipping sauce.
My little dietitian heart loves ranch and all of its mayo-y goodness. There’s just something about this classic dipping sauce that makes me forget all about tahini dressing.
Maybe it’s the fresh herbs? Maybe it’s the creaminess? Or maybe it’s because everyone knows that pizza is just that much better dipped in ranch?
But what about making it vegan? It’s surprisingly easy to veganize this classic recipe, thanks to a few pantry staples and inexpensive ingredients. I promise this recipe is even tastier than storebought. And it’s quite easy to make!
How to veganize ranch
Traditional ranch dressing (like this chipotle ranch recipe) is made with mayonnaise, which contains eggs. It also sometimes uses buttermilk as an ingredient.
This vegan version is free from buttermilk and eggs, thanks to the power of vegan mayonnaise. Vegan mayonnaise is easy to find in most grocery stores and tastes so much like its egg-containing counterpart.
Make sure you like the flavor of the mayo you plan to use before making the recipe. You can use all of the seasonings you want, but you can’t cover up a mayo that you don’t like. My favorite brands are Just Mayo and Hellman’s vegan mayo. If you can’t find a mayo you like, you can try making your own.
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Dill, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder
- Fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon juice
- Unsweetened soy milk
This recipe calls for fresh dill because dill is an important flavor component in ranch. You can substitute 1 teaspoon of dry dill for 1 tablespoon of fresh dill.
Step by step instructions
It takes just 5 minutes to mix up this dressing!
All you need is a whisk (though a spoon or blender will also certainly work), a bowl, and a handful of flavorful ingredients.
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the soy milk, in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Whisk in the soy milk one tablespoon at a time, stopping when it reaches your desired consistency. I like to use 4 tablespoons, or 1/4 cup, for a creamy, pourable sauce.
How long does ranch dressing last in the fridge?
This dressing lasts for 3-4 days in the fridge. Refrigerate it in a jar or well-closed container for best results.
Easy Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from ~1 medium lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk as needed
- Combine all ingredients, except for the soy milk, in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in soy milk until desired dressing consistency is reached. Transfer ranch to a jar and store refrigerated for 3-4 days. Enjoy cold.