Frozen Peach Margarita Slushies are the perfect pool-side summer cocktail! All you need is five ingredients and a blender to make these lightly sweet drinks.
Margaritas have been my go-to mixed drink this spring. I recently decided to blend in frozen peaches for a fun twist and-- wow! Peach margaritas slushies were born.
This recipes takes less than 5 minutes to make and can easily be made in large batches for sharing with friends. They're basically the perfect poolside summertime drink!
All you need is:
- Frozen peaches: Sliced peaches make the drink slushie! If you don't have frozen peaches, you can actually skin and slice a ripe peach and freeze it.
- Tequila: I use reposado because I like the sweetness, but this is definitely a personal choice.
- Simple syrup: Simply a mix of equal parts water and sugar. I like to make about a half cup at a time so that I have leftovers to use in iced coffee (or more mixed drinks!). To do this, combine ¼ cup sugar with ¼ cup water in a small glass. Heat in the microwave, or on the stove, until melted. This takes about 30 seconds in the microwave and 1-2 minutes over medium heat on the stove. Let cool before using.
- Limes: One lime will yield about 1.5 tablespoons of lime juice. It's definitely worth using real limes instead of bottled lime juice.
You will also need ice.
Tips and customization ideas
Margaritas are a highly personal choice, so feel free to adjust lime, tequila and simple syrup amounts to taste. The peaches don't actually add a lot of sweetness to the drink, so I sometimes add a bit more simple syrup.
To salt the rim of your glass, use a paper towel to wet the rim of the glass. Fill the bottom of a wide bowl (such as a cereal bowl) with kosher salt. Add in sugar or even chili-lime powder (I get this from Trader Joe's) for a different taste.
I start with 3 ice cubes for 2 drinks. You can add more ice if you prefer a slushier (but also more diluted) drink.
Enjoy with lentil tacos, jerk tofu tacos or loaded veggie nachos!
If you're looking for more drinks, you might like this or this pomegranate gin cocktail (nonalcoholic!) ginger peach smoothie.
Frozen Peach Margarita Slushies
- 1 heaping cup frozen peach slices
- 3 tablespoons lime juice from ~2 small limes (1.5 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup (1.5 ounces)
- 4 ounces tequila
- 3 medium ice cubes more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add extra ice as needed and taste for lime juice and simple syrup.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @cozypeachkitchen on Instagram and hashtag
Leave a Reply