These ultra creamy overnight oats are inspired by peach cobbler flavors but made with simple, healthy ingredients! They're ready in just 10 minutes and perfect for meal prep.
- Filled with warming flavors from spiced peaches and pecans
- Made with 8 ingredients in 10 minutes
- Great for a week of breakfast or snack prep
- Easy to customize and make dairy-free
Tis the season for all things peach! That means peach smoothies, peach bars and definitely peach overnight oats on hot summer mornings. These oats are inspired by peach cobbler but made with healthy ingredients.
What you'll need
- Rolled oats, also know as old fashioned oats. Steel cut oats and instant oats do not work here.
- Milk of choice: Unsweetened, unflavored soy milk is my go-to but any kind works here.
- Peaches: Choose ripe peaches. I leave the skins on but you can remove them if you prefer.
- Greek yogurt: I like to use peach flavored Greek yogurt for extra peachy flavor! Vanilla is also a good option and plain works if you want to cut down on added sugars.
- Pecans: I use whole pecans and roughly chop them up but you can also buy chopped pecans to save on prep time. Walnuts also work well. Omit pecans to make this recipe nut-free.
- Brown sugar can be omitted if you prefer naturally sweetened oats. Maple syrup and honey are also great options but I recommend adding these directly to the oats instead of the sautéing with the peaches.
- Ground cinnamon and ginger are two spices that go wonderfully with peaches!
Step by step instructions
I like to use wide-mouth pint sized ball jars as containers but any medium sized glass or container will do.
If you're making multiple servings it's easiest if you mix the ingredients together directly in the jars instead of of mixing together in a large bowl and dividing them between jars.
Step one: To each jar add the rolled oats, spices, Greek yogurt and milk.
Step two: Stir to combine.
Step three: To prepare the peaches, heat a small pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the peaches, brown sugar and pecans. Cook for 3-4 minutes, moving frequently, until the peaches are softened and the pecans are toasted. This makes the peaches softer and juicer than if you were to add them straight to the oatmeal.
Save half of the peaches for topping the next morning or go ahead and stir all of them in to the jars.
Step four: Cover and refrigerate the jars for at least 4 hours before enjoying.
Recipe FAQ and expert tips
- Make it vegan: Replace Greek yogurt with your favorite vegan yogurt. Soy and pea-protein based yogurts are usually highest in protein. Choose a non-dairy milk like soy, almond or oat milk.
- This recipe works with any stone fruit (plum, nectarine, etc.).
- More healthy add-ins: To each jar add 1 tablespoon ground flax seed or chia seeds for healthy fats. It will also thicken up the oats even more.
In the summer I prefer them cold but you can heat them up if you prefer hot oatmeal. Either heat up over medium-low on the stovetop or heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
Overnight oats are best enjoyed within 3-4 days. Keep refrigerated.
For soft oats wait at least 4 hours after refrigerating. This gives the oats time to absorb liquid and soften. They will get softer the longer they sit.
I have not tried freezing overnight oats but I don't feel like it would work well.
Definitely! Let them thaw completely before using. I would pop them in the microwave to do this but you can also just let them thaw in the fridge.
Similar recipes you might like
I have a lot of different overnight oat flavors that you might enjoy:
- Mocha Overnight Oats
- Coconut Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Chia Cherry Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Overnight Oats
Check these recipes out for more easy breakfast ideas:
Did you make this recipe? You can leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ in the recipe card or a review down in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow along on my YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest or sign up for my newsletter!
Peach Overnight Oats
- ½ cup dry rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened, unflavored soy milk or milk of choice
- 5 ounces (1 container) peach Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small peach diced
- 2 tablespoons pecans roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar more to taste
- In a pint sized ball jar or similarly sized container, stir together the rolled oats, soy milk, Greek yogurt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Place a medium to large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the diced peaches, pecans and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Cook over medium-low for 3-4 minutes, until peaches are softened and pecans are lightly toasted.
- Stir the peaches and pecans into the oats. Optionally, save half for topping.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before enjoy. Keeps for 3-4 days. Enjoy cold or warm.
- Make it vegan: Replace Greek yogurt with your favorite vegan yogurt. Choose a non-dairy milk like soy, almond or oat milk.
- If you prefer warm oats: Either heat up over medium-low on the stovetop or heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.