What’s better than one regular sized cucumber sandwich? Tiny cucumber tea sandwiches loaded with herbed cream cheese, avocado, and red bell pepper! These bite sized cucumber tea sandwiches are a perfect quick and easy appetizer.
With spring blossoming all around us and summer on the horizon, I’m on the prowl for cool and refreshing recipes.
hen it gets hot outside, I avoid turning the oven on at all costs. Lucky for me– and you!– these sandwiches are perfect for warm spring weather. They are–dare I say it– cool as a cucumber.
For this month’s themed recipe challenge, the Recipe Redux asked us to share a dish that’s perfect for shower season, AKA celebration season. These vegan cucumber tea sandwiches are easy to put together for showers, graduation parties, or as a healthy potluck dish.
And let’s not forget the best way to enjoy finger sandwiches: tea parties!
I grew up eating cucumber sandwiches at my grandma’s annual Valentine’s Day tea parties. As a kid I wasn’t much of a fan of cucumbers, but now I can’t get enough of these crisp and crunchy bite-sized treats!
The secret ingredient in vegan cucumber sandwiches
I recently shared my vegan herbed cashew cream cheese recipe, and I can’t wait to share my favorite way to use the cashew cream cheese: as a sandwich spread!
As much as cucumbers are the stars of cucumber tea sandwiches, I think the herbed vegan cream cheese may be the best part.
Vegan cucumber sandwiches are layered with flavor!
Cucumber tea sandwiches may be tiny, but between the layers of whole wheat bread they’re packed with all the goodness:
- Creamy mashed avocado
- Herbed cashew cream cheese
- Crunchy cucumbers with black pepper
- Sliced red bell pepper
They’re only five ingredients, but so flavor packed!
Pro tip: turn these bite sized cucumber sandwiches into a balanced vegan sandwich. Cashews from the cashew cream cheese provide protein, while the avocado contributes healthy fats. Bring it all together with a serving of veggies and two slices of whole wheat bread.
Ta-da! A versatile sandwich to share or keep to yourself.
Vegan Cucumber Tea Sandwiches with Herbed Cream Cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread, or preferred bread
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 recipe vegan herbed cashew cream cheese
- 2 large avocados or three small avocados
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the avocados by cutting each in half and removing the pit and skin. Mash the avocado with a fork until broken down, guacamole consistency. Set aside.
- Cut the crust off each bread slice, if desired. Cut each piece of sandwich bread into four equal squares. Generously layer half of the squares with herbed cream cheese. Spread the other half of sandwich squares with mashed avocado.
- Cut the cucumber into very thin slices with a knife. Sprinkle black pepper evenly over the cucumber slices. Place 2-3 thinly sliced cucumbers and 2-3 matchstick slices between an avocado bread slice and a cream cheese bread slice. Serve immediately.