These strawberry lemon muffins are dairy-free, egg-free, and packed with sweet strawberry flavor and a hint of lemon. Whip up a batch of these fluffy vegan muffins in just about 30 minutes!
I know that it isn’t spring yet, but who can really say no to a bite of springtime flavors? There’s just something delightful about a sweet, fruity and moist muffin the depth of winter.
And over here in Georgia there’s been a tiny tease of warm weather these past few days. Will it last? (Probably not.) A girl can dream…
Back to the muffins. These lightly sweet strawberry muffins with a hint of lemon are what dreams are made of…
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
Fresh strawberry and a hint of lemon
These vegan strawberry lemon muffins are a little zesty from lemon and nice and sweet from strawberries. They’re made with just classic muffin ingredients; no tofu, bananas, or applesauce here!
Enjoy these strawberry muffins for breakfast with yogurt, as a snack slathered with a scoop of peanut butter, or as a healthyish dessert.
How to make strawberry lemon muffins
All you need is a medium mixing bowl and a muffin pan to whip up these vegan muffins.
Start by stirring together the dry ingredients: a mix of white and wheat flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
Fold the roughly chopped strawberries and lemon zest into the dry ingredients. Coating them in the flour mixture will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins and creating a gooey mess.
Stir in the remaining ingredients: almond milk (any non-dairy milk works), olive oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract and one flaxseed egg.
Can I freeze muffins?
Yes! Cool your muffins to room temperature, then store in a freezer safe container or bag. They should keep for up to 3 months. Reheat in an oven or microwave.
This recipe yields 12 medium muffins or 8 large vegan strawberry muffins. They keep well at room temperature for 3 days, but you can extend their lifespan by a day or so by storing them in the fridge.
Looking for more recipes?
- Double Strawberry Vegan Cake
- No Bake Strawberry Almond Energy Balls
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Coconut Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Ginger Peach Yogurt Smoothie
Vegan Strawberry and Lemon Muffins
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin papers.
- Combine 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons water to make your flax egg. Let rest for 5 minutes before using.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir the strawberries and lemon zest into the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the flax egg, almond milk, olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix until combined; a few lumps are okay.
- For medium muffins, divide the batter into the 12 greased or paper lined muffin tins. For slightly larger muffins, divide the batter into 8 tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest in the muffin tins for a minute before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!