These strawberry almond energy balls are jam packed with healthy ingredients, and they only take 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make. Soon enough these will be a regular in your meal prep rotation.
This post contains affiliate links.
If you’ve made your way around the internet, you’ve probably seen a few recipes for “bliss balls” or “energy balls”. Whatever you call them, they’re out there, and they’re good. If you’re made your way around Cozy Peach Kitchen, you’ve probably seen that I love strawberries. So, today I present to you no bake strawberry almond energy balls, the perfect quick snack or sweet tooth quencher.
What is a strawberry almond energy ball?
These little bites of deliciousness (sorry, I really like them!!) contain strawberries, dates, almonds, dry oatmeal, and shredded coconut flakes. Dates are the backbone of these strawberry almond energy balls, because of their sweetness. They are carbohydrate dense, which equals energy. Hence, energy balls! Because date sugars are attached to fiber, vitamins, and minerals, they’re a better option for a sweet energy kick than pure table sugar.
Almonds add in the slightest bit of crunch to this otherwise soft energy ball, as well as protein and healthy fats. Almonds are a great plant based protein source, and one that I find myself eating most days. I carry a bulk bag of almonds around in my work purse, which means that I also have random almonds floating around at the bottom of my bag at all times. Umm. Moving on…
Make these energy balls in two easy steps: blend and roll!
To make these energy balls, combine the 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until almonds are mostly broken up and you can roll the dough into a ball. This takes me just about a minute in my food processor. I prefer to chill the energy balls in the fridge for at least an hour before rolling them in coconut flakes, because it makes them much easier to handle.
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a photo and hashtag it #COZYPEACHKITCHEN on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you make!
No bake strawberry almond energy balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients, except the coconut flakes, in a food processor. Process until almonds are broken up into tiny pieces (not fully ground) and the ingredients form a paste-like consistency (as pictured in blog). You should be able to form the dough into a ball without too much sticking to your hands. Form into 13-14 ping pong sized balls and let rest in the fridge for about an hour*.
- Pulse the coconut flakes in the food processor, or chop up finely by hand until they are broken down into small pieces. Roll the chilled balls in the coconut flakes. Store in fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is an estimation and may differ based on brands used and method of preparation.