This creamy vegan white bean soup is a healthy and cozy soup made with dry great northern beans. No presoaking required; just add a few pantry staples to your Instant Pot and get excited for a comforting meal.
Cozy up and grab a bowl of this creamy vegan white bean soup because it’s officially soup season!
What makes it officially soup season, you ask?
Well, the average daily high is now less than 85 here in still-humid Georgia, which means there’s a chill in the air in the morning and you can walk outside without immediately sweating. And so soup season rushes in!
I started my new full time job this week, and what a week it’s been. Between training, driving and working, I was not in any shape to prep for lunch this week.
Thankfully I made this vegan white bean soup on Sunday and had enough leftovers to enjoy it for lunch through the week.
Yay for meal prep! (And let me be perfectly honest: by Thursday I moved on to other meals, because there’s only so much soup one person can handle for lunch, no matter how good it is!)
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
Packed with plant based protein and fiber
This vegan white bean soup is full of low-fat, plant based protein and fiber from great northern beans. Just one cup of cooked great northern beans provides 15 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber – that’s half the daily recommend intake of fiber!
How to make vegan white bean soup
You can make this warming Instant Pot soup in just about an hour, most of which is hands-free.
- Start by sauteing onion, celery, and garlic in a bit of olive oil until aromatic and browned.
- Add in the spices, broth, non-dairy milk, rinsed white beans, and a dash more of oil.
- Give the soup a stir then lock on the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally, which will take about 20 minutes.
- Give the soup a stir. Taste for salt and pepper. Enjoy!
I like to add a tablespoon of nutritional yeast to creamy vegan soups because it adds a cheesey flavor and contributes to the creamy factor. Soy milk also adds creaminess, as it’s one of the “thicker” non-dairy milks.
Looking for more cozy vegetarian soup recipes?
- Hearty Lentil and Quinoa Soup
- Chipotle Vegan Black Bean Soup (Instant Pot recipe!)
- Vegan Chipotle Corn Chowder
- Light and Easy Vegetarian Chili
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
Top with chives, fresh black pepper, and a few crunchy crackers. Enjoy!