These crispy homemade crackers feature everything bagel seasoning in every bite. They are surprisingly easy to make and require only 4 ingredients!
I like adding everything bagel seasoning to homemade crackers because it adds a pop of garlic and onion flavor to every bite. It's kind of like eating a super thin and crunchy everything bagel!
If you've never made homemade crackers before, don't worry! It's surprisingly easy. It actually follows a similar process to make oil pie crust.
What you'll need
- Everything bagel seasoning: I get mine at Trader Joe's but if you don't have a TJ's available, you can make your own. It is made using poppy seeds, white and black sesame seeds, garlic, onion, and sea salt.
- All-purpose flour: I have made these crackers using white flour and whole wheat flour. A blend of both also works.
- Extra virgin olive oil adds a rich flavor to the crackers. Feel free to substitute with any kind of oil, like avocado or canola.
- Ice water is used to make the cracker dough.
How to make
- In a medium bowl, stir together the all purpose flour and everything bagel seasoning. If your everything seasoning is salt-free, I recommend adding a pinch or two of salt.
- Add the olive oil. Stir to combine. The mixture will be pretty dry and crumbly at this point.
- Add water 1 tablespoons at a time until the dough holds together.
- Sprinkle flour on a silicon mat or clean surface. Roll out the dough until very thin. Use a biscuit cutter or a knife to slice into small crackers.
5. I recommend poking a couple of small holes in each crackers. This allows steam to escape and keeps the crackers from puffing up while baking.
6. Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until the crackers are golden.
Expert tips and recipe FAQ
- Keep an eye on the crackers while they bake. Once they start to brown it won't be long before they burn. The crackers should be crisp when removed from the oven, but they will crisp up even more after resting 1-2 minutes.
- The dough should be easy to work with because it is high-fat. If it's sticking to the rolling pin, you can place the dough between two sheets of wax paper. This should make it easier to roll out.
- Serve with a spread of pimento cheese or cashew cream cheese. They're also great with hummus or crushed into chili.
For best quality, enjoy homemade crackers within 4-5 days. I let them cool completely then store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yes, you can use this recipe to make a basic cracker without any seasonings. I do recommend adding a pinch of salt if you choose to omit the the bagel seasoning.
Yes, you c an use this dough to make any size or shape of crackers. Larger crackers may require an additional 2-3 minutes of baking, depending on the size.
Looking for similar recipes?
Did you try this recipe? You can leave a star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ in the recipe card or a review down in the comments section. I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow along on my YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Pinterest or sign up for my newsletter!
Everything Bagel Crackers
- 1 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning see note #1
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 5 tablespoons water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour and everything bagel seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Pour in extra virgin olive oil, using a fork to combine. The mixture will be crumbly. Add in 1 tablespoon water at a time, mixing with your hands, until a ball forms and holds together.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough on a baking mat or between two sheets of wax paper. Roll until dough is a thin sheet. Using small cookie cutters or a pizza cutter to cut into desired shapes.
- Place cracker dough on the baking sheet, careful not to overlap pieces. Use a toothpick to poke 1-2 holes in each cracker.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Smaller crackers will be done more quickly than regular sized crackers- be sure to check on them frequently to avoid burning!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on racks. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Everything bagel seasoning: I use Trader Joe's everything but the bagel seasoning. If using a salt-free seasoning, I recommend adding a pinch or two of salt to the crackers.
- For best quality, store leftover crackers in a closed container at room temp for 4-5 days.