This vegan quinoa taco salad is versatile and jam packed with nutrients, making it the perfect meal prep recipe.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases; read my disclaimer policy for more information.
I’m all about easy recipes that use healthy pantry staples.
This quinoa taco salad is no exception and fits in nicely with my other favorite meal prep recipes like Black Bean Quinoa Casserole, Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas and Chipotle Vegan Black Bean Soup.
This quinoa salad takes all of 20 minutes to make, most of which is hands free.
This isn’t just plain quinoa mixed with taco ingredients. We’ll cook the quinoa with fire roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, and taco seasonings for an extra level of flavor.
While the quinoa cooks the rest of the ingredients are compiled and prepped, so that as soon as the quinoa comes off the stove you can chow down.
How to make
Add the rinsed quinoa, fire roasted tomatoes (including the juices!), seasonings and vegetable broth to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until the quinoa fully absorbs the liquid.
Once you have your quinoa tomato mix simmering away, prep the remaining ingredients:
- Fresh or frozen sweet corn
- Black beans or kidney beans
- Pumpkin seeds
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
When all of your ingredients are prepped in their respective places and the quinoa is nice and fluffy, combine everything!
This recipe is perfect for meal prep, but if you’re like me you may get tired of having the same meal for lunch every day. Good news: this salad is very versatile.
Here’s how to customize this recipe:
- Make nachos by layering the quinoa taco salad on tortilla chips or sweet potato chips
- Toss with spinach or romaine lettuce and drizzle with a chipotle dressing
- Roll up in a burrito or taco shells with brown rice, sour cream, and some salsa
- Not feeling super hungry? Cut the serving size in half for a light snack.
- Serve as a side at a pot luck or pair with tortilla chips for an easy appetizer.
No matter how you choose to enjoy this salad, rest easy knowing that you have lunch prepared for the entire week.
Looking for more meal prep recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Instant Pot Red Lentil Curry with Sweet Potatoes
- Tofu and Veggie Spring Roll Bowls
- Instant Pot Black Beans and Brown Rice
- Vegetarian Pasta Salad In A Jar
Vegan Quinoa Taco Salad
Quinoa Taco Salad
- 2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) bean of choice, such as black beans or kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro, plus more for topping
- juice of one lime
- In a medium sauce pan, combine quinoa, vegetable broth, seasonings, and fire roasted tomatoes. Bring quinoa to a boil, then cover and lower to a simmer for ~15 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- While quinoa is cooking, prep the remaining ingredients. Once quinoa is cooked, stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy cold. Top with additional cilantro and lime juice.